Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?!
View Single Post
ssoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
i have no quarrel with you brother and over all the mustang v6 is a good and very great lookin car...but
1.nissan maxima $27,900 265hp
2.honda accord $25,200 244hp
3.mustang coupe $24,470 210hp
(cars and comparable options determined price)
I don't want to quarrel either so don't take this response the wrong way... this is an honest attempt to compare the vehicles you mentioned... let me know if I am missing something.

Oddly, the Honda with a manual tranny is priced higher then the auto, so this enables a more favorable comparison in favor of the Ford.

The Mustang V6 Premium with Manual Tranny, Pony Pack, Side Air-Bags and Leather Trimmed Seats; IUP added to compensate for missing moonroof on Honda;
$22,540

The comparable Honda would be EX V-6 6MT;
$27,400
The Accord is rated for 34 more horses and has a six speed.

So, I could get the Mustang V6 fully loaded and install a SC for the $5,000 difference in price.

Or I could get the Mustang GT Premium base price $27,040.

If someone were looking for a manual tranny then this comparison is a bit more accurate, no?

These cars target different markets but I DID look at the accord first. Comparing the price of these two vehicles when I was shopping is what convinced me to get the Mustang. I was also biased by the RWD, awesome style, and the look my wife gave me when I said I was buying a Mustang (a good look)! This is an 8 year old picture of her but it was something like this (attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	look.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	16643  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome