Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Shorty Headers Installed!
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2013 Thread Starter
the5
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
From what Ive heard on your video, car sounds good
Im surprised you had such a time with the install though. Ive done my share of header installs and for me installing the BBK longtubes and catted X on my v6 was the easiest installation Ive ever done.I dont see the shorties being any more difficult, or are they ?
See thats where the problem is. Shorties are a much shorter and the exhaust pipes dont have a long run. On the LT's they could work around the bolts and on the new x pipe with LT's you dont have to go halfway into the engine from the bottom to get to the bolts .

13 V6 Premium Deep Impact Blue/White Stripes/Charcoal Black, Auto, 202A Pony Package, Comfort Package,Security Package
Mods: Factory Engine Cover, Ford Strut Tower Brace, RTR 19in wheels, Nitto Nt55,, Ford All-Weather Mats, Gt LED Grille, Airaid CAI, Borla Atak AxleBacks, GT500 Style wing, Adaptive Shifting Pigtail, Koni Yellows, Steeda Adjustable Camber Plates, and Eibach Sportline springs,BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers, MPT 92 Octane Tune, DSS Driveshaft, Ford 3.73 Gears, Brembos

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome