Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Gas/Throttle Pedal Adjustment
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2006
Monkey Boy
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcrazy94
i did the same thing mustangdewd and monkyboy did just recently, went under the dash and took up most of the slack with two tie straps. it's so easy and works great with my short travel clutch pedal. to adj. the clutch pedal i bought a steeda clutch adj. and cable for my '94....for my '00 i'm gonna get one off ebay for half the price. that will allow you to adj. but you will have to buy an mm clutch adj. kit or do what i did for dirt cheap. if you want more info you can pm me.

for a shorter throw, i cut and welded the shifter handle, but ended up replacing the entire shifter cause it was leaking bad at 140,000 miles. i installed a steeday tri-ax shifter and it works awesome! now the throttle pedal, clutch pedal and shifter have a very nice feel and work great together. the shifter for the v8s with the t-5 trans is the same as the v6...trans.
I didn't follow the instructions and used a spacer of lesser quality than recommended by Mustang world (I used copper tubing I had lying around cuz I'm too cheap to buy anything.) The spacer was crushed in 3 days by repeated full throttle runs and then fell off. That was about 3 years ago and I still haven't gone back and replaced it, though I may do that soon.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome