Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Mustang V6 Driveline Vibration when letting off gas
View Single Post
post #47 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2013
spacechalklate
Apprentice

This almost basically describes my situation PERFECTLY.

Except when I googled it, I searched as, "gear grind" because it sounded and felt like the gears were grinding. I read horror stories and became increasingly concerned... until I saw some youtube videos with sound clips. They had a lot more rattle, and sounded terrifying. Then I came to the conclusion that my situation wasn't "gear grind," and over time hasn't really returned.

Can you confirm that the "driveline vibration" has more of a bass-like sound and feel to it? That's what it sounds like to me, at least.

I used to get it a lot more often earlier on, and I thought I did something to break the car (since I basically taught myself how to drive stick on this car).

But with how I drive it now, I can almost entirely avoid the problem altogether (as you guys said, it is pretty much reproducible).

For me in particular, the 3rd gear at 2.5-3k RPM

2013 V6, Performance White, MCA, Glass Roof, Leather Recaro Seats, Rear Camera
Ordered: 8/6 Sticker: 8/25 Build: 9/13 ETA1: 9/23 ETA2: 10/2 ETA 3: 10/13 Picked Up: 10/11 :kooky:
Viper 5704 Alarm System (with Remote Start), Auto-dimming Rear View Mirror (with Display, Homelink, & Compass), Quick-Drain Oil Change Valve, Black JLT Oil Separator, Black MMD Hood Struts, LED License Plate Light Conversion, 3rd Brake Light Pulser

Last edited by spacechalklate; 06-21-2013 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Update with more info

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome