Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - engine ticking, no one has helped
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc142
Hi, this is my first post here, and I'm looking for some help. First, I know next to nothing about cars, but no one has been able to discover the problem so far, so if I can find the right direction...

My 1995 V6 engine makes a ticking noise. It gets faster as you press the accelerator, and eventually, after you drive it a while, it doesn't do it as loud. It doesn't do it unless you press the accelerator. If you press the gas super slow, it doesn't do it, at least not loud enonugh to hear easily.

No repair shop can tell me what it is. I've had the lifters replaced, its not the exhaust, new head new plugs, new plug wires, new radiator, new air intake and air intake sensor. I'm told "if it hasn't broken by now, it's no big deal", and "turn your radio up so you don't hear it". I'm told it could be a flat place in the "crank", but it doesn't do it all the time. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks.
It's probably the exhaust manifold. There's a hot spot at the rear of the drivers side, that'll leak.

On some cars, it's under a silent recall. Depending on miles/year.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome