Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Supercharger- decision time
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2013 Thread Starter
Robs1stStang
Apprentice

Supercharger- decision time

Hey guys, It comes down to this. I have saved up and it's time to supercharge the car. I street drive the car on nice days, no track time as of yet. If I do go to the track it will be just for fun, I don't want to get too serious about it. Gets expensive fast.

There are 2 kits that I'm currently considering.
1. Brenspeed 560R roush r2300 system
2. Brenspeed Paxton Novi 220sl kt

There are things that I like about both kits.
If I do this, I plan to keep the car for a long long time.
I thought for a long time that I was going to go with the paxton kit but after talking with Brent @ brenspeed he somewhat swayed me to the roush kit. Better for my application so to speak.
I will not need to upgrade boost in the future, or at least there are no plans for it currently. 450rwhp is enough for a street car IMO. Car is an 05 auto GT with around 45K miles.

I recently put on the plenum cover/ fuel rail/ battery and brake booster covers and dressed up the engine bay so with the roush that would all be wasted money as it won't be reused, and with the paxton I could keep it or at least modify it to fit. I like that the paxton is a little easier on components as it builds boost more slowly, but from what I've heard the roush is a better system all around.
Any thoughts/ experience with this etc. I'm pullin my hair out over this one.

Rob

2005 HP White GT - Auto - Red Leather Interior -Shaker 1000 - FR-500-S Axle Backs -Roush TVS 2300 Supercharged - GT500 Fuel pumps, GT500 TB, Aeroforce Dual Gauges, Performance Automatic 5r55S with hardened input shaft, PA 3000 Stall Converter , Dynotech one piece aluminum D/S, Roush Brakes,
FR3 Handling Pack and CHE LCA's and relocation brackets.
462 RWHP 443TQ

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome