Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Mustang V6 Driveline Vibration when letting off gas
View Single Post
post #48 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2013
johnrhance
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacechalklate View Post
This almost basically describes my situation PERFECTLY.

Except when I googled it, I searched as, "gear grind" because it sounded and felt like the gears were grinding. I read horror stories and became increasingly concerned... until I saw some youtube videos with sound clips. They had a lot more rattle, and sounded terrifying. Then I came to the conclusion that my situation wasn't "gear grind," and over time hasn't really returned.

Can you confirm that the "driveline vibration" has more of a bass-like sound and feel to it? That's what it sounds like to me, at least.

I used to get it a lot more often earlier on, and I thought I did something to break the car (since I basically taught myself how to drive stick on this car).

But with how I drive it now, I can almost entirely avoid the problem altogether (as you guys said, it is pretty much reproducible).

For me in particular, the 3rd gear at 2.5-3k RPM
That's a pretty perfect description of the issue. It's more of a bassy sound that happens primarily in 2nd and 3rd right around 2500rpm. It doesn't really bother me and I'm not going to worry about it, but I'll probably bring it up to the tech whenever I decide to bring it into the dealer.

Airaid CAI, Roush axle-backs, Roush high flow upper grill, Raxiom Smoked Projector HIDs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome