Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - The Downside to street Racing
View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2006 Thread Starter
Cdvision
GT Member
S197 Member

Today the Canadian government is possibly going to pass legislation that would hand out stiffer fines and license suspensions as well as jail time for repeat offenders for drivers that are caught street racing. They did the same for drinking and driving and people still do it. In the 25yrs + since my first street race I've seen a steady increase in the amount of traffic on the roadways at all times of the day and night. There is just way more potential chance of having something bad happen during a street race than on the track. There were a number of years here in Edmonton where we had no track and there was a hardcore street racing scene. That took to isolated areas to do the deed and yes there were accidents. Now that we have a nice facility to race at (every Friday night there is "street legal" racing for $25) there is a very good turnout and it is a much safer place to race. The law enforcement agencies here have their own race cars and do promotions with with car clubs etc. to get people to take it to the track.
Unfortunatly there is a "rush" you get on the street that you just can't duplicate on the track. I encourage people to go to the track to do their racing. But I also understand why street racing happens and know that no matter what laws are passed and how stiff the penalties are street racing will continue to take place.

2010 Shelby GT500 Coupe
Grabber Blue w/white stripes, HID's, FRPP Suspension, Borla Stingers.
2014 GT Convertible
5.0, Auto, Prem, Gotta Have It Green, Cloth top, 20"Bullits, Magnaflow Street axlebacks
SOLD-(July 2 2009)2006 Mustang GT,FRPP/Whipple HO Supercharger, Satin Silver, 5spd manual, 3.55's and much more.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome