Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - The Downside to street Racing
View Single Post
post #48 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2006
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5twenty
met·a·phor ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mt-fôr, -fr)
n.
A figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison, as in “a sea of troubles” or “All the world's a stage” (Shakespeare).
One thing conceived as representing another; a symbol: “Hollywood has always been an irresistible, prefabricated metaphor for the crass, the materialistic, the shallow, and the craven” (Neal Gabler).

When I said I laid rubber out of the dealership I wasn't being literal. I used a metaphor to express that I drive my car hard and I have since day 1. I don't street race and you won't find a post of mine indicating I do. You will find many posts of mine about how I am at the LEGAL drag races twice a week. You know, a drag strip, where there are no innocent bystanders, everyone there knows the risks, and there is a medical crew standing by for every race to make sure emergency care is available immediately in case there is an accident.
oh...when i say somethin i generally mean it...when i burned rubber out the dealer i burned rubber out the dealer.....you a chick too?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome