Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Amp install complete - you know what the hardest part was?
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2013
Sean Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA2011 View Post
Grampstang, yes everything works. As it turned out I used the PAC harness, but not the PAC LOC. Instead, I cut off the Molex connector and ran speaker wire to the trunk and used the amp high level signal. I figured, one way or another I have to use a LOC so I used the one built into the amp.

I never soldered in my driveway before, but I had fun with the whole project until the cursed fender liner pins tried to ruin my day.

The amp outputs run directly to the rear speakers and I returned the front pair of speaker wires and spliced that into the PAC harness as well.

Everything is tucked away throughout the cabin in convoluted wire loom and tape-wrapped. Under the dash and the engine bay looks like factory wiring. No wires show anywhere in the cabin. I just have some danglers behind the amp that I still need to clean up.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the completed install

Kenwood KAC-8405 with dual cooling fans and ambient lighting to match my Premium MyColor interior lighting.

Here you can see the driver-side bolt from the child anchor coming through a T-nut in the 1x4 beam.

To secure the rear end of the rack I used 2 1/2" angle brackets connect to one another in a "Z" shape. I used felt furniture pads to secure it in the center inside trunk cutout. There are 2 sets of pads on the bracket one is all the way inside the cutout
Wow!....That looks Nice Very clean.........Sean

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome