Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Amp install complete - you know what the hardest part was?
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2013 Thread Starter
MCA2011
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclypse3demons View Post
I still have to mount my Subs amp somewhere in my trunk I was thinking of cutting those three posts off in the bracket area behind the right side inner rear quarter panel behind the gray carpet, I think the stock Shaker amp mounts in there are equipped vehicles. I have a convertible so I cannot really drill into the deck pan because its a V shape and I do not want water running into the trunk or to have screws possibly hit the top when down.
I'm not sure of what the rear deck looks like on a convertible, but if it is similar to the coupe, I did not drill anything. I used the holes through the child seat anchors as my mount.

I was also looking at the Shaker bracket, but I was not going to cut the posts. Instead I was going to slit the factory carpet, push the posts through and bolt down a carpeted board with the amp mounted on it. I even bought the carpet (Promat) before I changed directions. So now the $5 piece of carpet begs for another project

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome