Not open for further replies.

where can i get a supercharger?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  kscoyote 
#1 ·
where can i get a supercharger for my 3.8L

#3 ·
KING MUSTANG said:
where can i get a supercharger for my 3.8L
Your choices are Eaton (rebuilt T-Bird SC), ATI Procharger, Vortech, and Powerdyne.

Go to the manufacturer websites for outlets.

THe best prices for ATI are at www.GTRhipo.com and www.RPM-outlet.com.

#5 ·
Godlik3 said:
You could buy a 4.6L for the price of a supercharger...

Ok, I'll bite, are you talking about an engine?

A SC will bump an 99+ to 280+ hp.

So I reckon you can find a 2 valve 4.6L in good shape for around less than 3000, but you're still going to have to buy a computer, electronics, pay for rewiring the car and a workaround on the PATS.

You're not going to be able to install a 4.6L for less than $4000. On top of that you'd likely have to swap the rear end, the transmission, and the brakes.

#7 ·
kscoyote said:
Your choices are Eaton (rebuilt T-Bird SC), ATI Procharger, Vortech, and Powerdyne.

Go to the manufacturer websites for outlets.

THe best prices for ATI are at www.GTRhipo.com and www.RPM-outlet.com.
If i wanted to buy the rebuilt Eaton.. for my 2002 V6... what else would i have to buy... Since i dont think the manifold will work... so where could i buy one of those?

#8 ·
Kmagn13 said:
If i wanted to buy the rebuilt Eaton.. for my 2002 V6... what else would i have to buy... Since i dont think the manifold will work... so where could i buy one of those?
Cheapest way would to be to buy the ENTIRE ENGINE from O'Reilleys and sell off the parts you don't need on E-bay. It only costs $1800.

I posted a parts list a couple of years ago, but you will need the heads, manifold, and a programmer for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.