Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Whats the best side exhaust kit to use?
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous36
Thanks for the all the tips and help youve been giving. I decided not to get a centrifigal SC anymore. While browsing the web I discovered a roots blower and twin screw SC in development for the V6. Ironically they recommend you have underdrive pulleys to safely generate 8 psi of boost without overboosting and destroying the engine with normal sized pulleys. It will sell for under 3000. Like you said it will be easier to install than a Cen SC or TT kit and best of all no lag. I will need new injectors which may be included in the kit but sadly I may have to dump the Diablo sport tune b/c it comes with a SCT chip. Its been in development for 2 years now and has come along nicely. The guys have damaged a few motors but not from SC kitbut from using used motors from wrecked cars. But you take a chance on used motors. You get what you pay for with things like that.
Make sure it's for the 3.8L v6 and not the 4.0L.

You can use your Diablo Chip, but you;ll have to get it reburned no matter what you do.

If you prefer Diablo, sell the SCT device on E-bay.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome