Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Whats the best side exhaust kit to use?
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleblack
KS, weren't you considering such a sc install at one point?
Yep, just waiting for the current engine to die. Hitting 130,000 miles this week. Assembling the parts I want as they become available, or cheaply acquired.

Got the upper and lower intake manifolds for $20 ap piece, and am just about finishing the polish work on the upper. I've been finding all kinds of cheap Kenny Brown hardware, and I've now gotten just about everything I want except the K-member and the seat tracks for 50% off or better.

Found a 94-5 Kenny Brown K-member for $300-350 (I'd pick it up if I were still planning the all-aluminum 302 -but I'm bound and determined to build the six) but no deals, so far, on the one I need.

Looking for cheap heads . . . I'll probably just go to the salvage yard down the road if no super deals come along.

For the bottom end, I'm picking up a complete SC engine, taking the forged bits and selling the rest on E-bay (heads, intake, rebuilt SC, block, brackets, etc) -

The forged parts I want should end up being free -I may end up making a profit . . .

What I've got done so far . . .

http://custom.autos.yahoo.com/galler...g0dvPT.PZNsMkF

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome