Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Whats the best side exhaust kit to use?
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2006
tripleblack
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Journalism

I hope you're keeping good records and pics of everything. Looks like an automatic mag article if you can get her finished and looking pretty. You certainly have the writing skills. Its the sort of thing that MMFF would jump at.

I'll keep an eye peeled for those tbird heads. There's a group of real crazies herabouts that really loves the old tbirds, and some of them also have several later models (several have supercoupes). Might be a source in there sormewhere.

What sort of exhaust do you plan to use? Do they make headers for this sort of swap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Yep, just waiting for the current engine to die. Hitting 130,000 miles this week. Assembling the parts I want as they become available, or cheaply acquired.

Got the upper and lower intake manifolds for $20 ap piece, and am just about finishing the polish work on the upper. I've been finding all kinds of cheap Kenny Brown hardware, and I've now gotten just about everything I want except the K-member and the seat tracks for 50% off or better.

Found a 94-5 Kenny Brown K-member for $300-350 (I'd pick it up if I were still planning the all-aluminum 302 -but I'm bound and determined to build the six) but no deals, so far, on the one I need.

Looking for cheap heads . . . I'll probably just go to the salvage yard down the road if no super deals come along.

For the bottom end, I'm picking up a complete SC engine, taking the forged bits and selling the rest on E-bay (heads, intake, rebuilt SC, block, brackets, etc) -

The forged parts I want should end up being free -I may end up making a profit . . .

What I've got done so far . . .

http://custom.autos.yahoo.com/galler...g0dvPT.PZNsMkF

tripleblack

"You can never be free until you let yourself go."

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome