Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Whats the best side exhaust kit to use?
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleblack
I hope you're keeping good records and pics of everything. Looks like an automatic mag article if you can get her finished and looking pretty. You certainly have the writing skills. Its the sort of thing that MMFF would jump at.

I'll keep an eye peeled for those tbird heads. There's a group of real crazies herabouts that really loves the old tbirds, and some of them also have several later models (several have supercoupes). Might be a source in there sormewhere.

What sort of exhaust do you plan to use? Do they make headers for this sort of swap?
I'm not planning to leave it auto, I only got the auto so Jasmine could drive it if necessary . . . I want to use the CTS-V 6 speed, if I can talk someone into fabbing a bellhousing. -The ratios are more amenable to the 3.8L, less of a dropoff in 3rd as opposed to the T-56, but I'll go T56 if I have to.

Once it's rebuilt, it won't be a daily driver anymore.

I'm not looking for SC heads, They flow horribly -I'll sell the heads, intake, and the Eaton M90.

the 01+ split-port heads naturally aspirated make almost as much power as the SC.

All I want from the SC engine are the pistons, rods, and the crank. But I'll have to send the crank off to be zero-balanced . ..

A set of rebuilt T-bird SC heads used to go for $800, I figure I can sell the rebuilt Eaton M90 & intake for 600 at a minimum and the block and brackets, etc. for $200-300 minimally . .. So I get the rotating assembly for free.

If I make any money off it, it will go for modding the crank.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome