Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - hey everyone im new and wants to know a little about swapping
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangness
hey everyone im new here and have 96 stang .... its putting out 150hp i believe but im not satisfied with that because ive got my ass handed to me quite a few times .. so i was thinking about swaping my engine to 4.2. im wondering how much hp i would be putting out with that and if it is good idea to swap the engine because i dont want to damage my ride. i have to keep this car for couple of more years so yeah. also how much would the swapping cost, i have about 1500 on me right now so you think i would be able to get low milage, good conditioned engine and get installed in that price range... and right now im running 0-60 in 9.8s but with that 4.2 what'll be my 0-60 .. any estimates ... anyways guys thanks for taking your time and reading the post :shiny:
You'll just want to swap in the block, the intake won't clear.

You should move to mid-6's in th e0-60. You won't get much more hp, because of the restriction in heads and intake, but if you put a 3/4" spacer between teh upper and lower intake your hp should jump to 215-217hp.

the 4.2L makes 202-205 hp, but 255-260 ft/lbs of torque. The Mustang has a more aggressive tune, and you'll neet a programmer of chip to run the combination so with a proper tune, it could go up 7-15 +- more depending on octane, etc.

http://www.lotpro.com/cars/2006/ford/f-150/techspecs/
http://www.fordf150.net/specs/engines.php

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome