Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Any HP Gain with Single Exhaust System?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuudor
Hi!

As i know dual is for sounding. So i dont care about sound. I need some hps over that If i need sound i will buy v8
At the moment im thinking about single system (only new perfomance muffler and new tip). Have any one done this here? All i found was only dual..dual..dual
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...oducts_id=3383
And thats all? Should i change any other things and what is default pipe diameter (2.5" or 2")?
If you're going single exhaust you should go 2.5" minimum - you could probably do a 2.75 or 3". For dual you need to keep it small.

It's easier to find dual exhaust, and it balances the look of the car from the rear.

The only single exhaust system for the six that I've seen is by SpinTech, and it's single side exhaust.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome