Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2006 Mustang 5-speed shifting problems.
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagypsy
Has anybody else out there had problems with their shifter on the 5-speed 06? For the most part, it's not bad, but sometimes it doesn't want to go into gear, ususally 1st or 3rd, and I wind up having to grind gears a little to get it in. Needless to say, I don't like that. Perhgaps the problems is that I'm just not extending my arm far enough, but there have been several times that I"ve thought the thing was in gear, only to rev the engine in neutral when I went to take off. Rather annoying, at best.
Would a short throw shifter be the answer to this problem? Seriously looking at one of those anyway. Thanks for any info on this!

Did some reading, and it is the bracket & bushings that connect the shifter to the transmission remotely.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a short shifter, but upgrading the shifter will help. .

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome