Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 99 v6 Roller Rockers
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang9584
So as I said I have a pretty much stock 99 v6 5-speed. It's got a roush dual exhaust kit and thats it. I'd like it to be a daily driver as of now with a lot of power (Plenty to keep up with gts and hopefully cobras) that as I get more money will hopefully turn in to my secondary collector car with ALOT more power. So exactly where should I start including chassis, power foundations, and engine.
There are a lot of options, depending on your budget and what you want to do.

All out, 100% race quality stuff? Griggs, Maximum motorsports, and Steeda. Mid-level stuff that you can continue to upgrade? Kenny Brown, Steeda, Hans Racecraft, QA1, & Evolution Motorsports are all good choices.

Your power foundations are going to depend on which wayt you want to go -Naturally Aspirated or Power Adder?

In either case, re: foundation, you've got to shore up your rear-end with a Limited Slip Differential either from Ford Racing or Detriot Locker, and a pumpkin from TA Performance. You're also going to have to decide what to do about the rear end as a whole. you're going to need to either pick up some traction bars, or have someone attach mounts for quad shocks to keep the rear end under control. Depending on how much power you want, you may have to switch to better upper and lower control arms, or scrap the whole thing altogether and use a Steeda 5-link, for example, or something else, depending on how much handling capabilities you want.

Street/Road Race or street/strip?

If you decide Naturally Aspirated is the way to go, then you don't have to worry so much about cooling a outside of an oil cooler, but you should start picking up upgraded ingition pieces so that when the engine is done, you've got a reliable spark, and that includes a doubleroller timing chain, etc.,

If you know you want a power adder, you may have to swap out the radiator for a Cobra Spec Unit, at a minimum.

You're also going to have to start putting together the foundational pieces for the engine (windage tray, stud girdle, forged pistons & connecting rods, etc.)

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome