Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 99 v6 Roller Rockers
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang9584
So as I said I have a pretty much stock 99 v6 5-speed. It's got a roush dual exhaust kit and thats it. I'd like it to be a daily driver as of now with a lot of power (Plenty to keep up with gts and hopefully cobras) that as I get more money will hopefully turn in to my secondary collector car with ALOT more power. So exactly where should I start including chassis, power foundations, and engine.
Sorry, got off on a tangent.

You should start with the items that will pay for themselves engine wise -the stuff that will make your engine more efficient -which means stuff that will make more power with your engine tune set at stock.

Pick up a set of underdrivers, a CAI, and if you can find one, an intake spacer of 3/4" that fits between the upper and lower intake manifold.

-if you know you're going to take a while, you might want to consider the 1.8RRs for the time being if you know you're not going to swap out the cam for 1 or two years -if that makes any sense . ..

put away the money you save and start with subframe connectors, a rear sway bar, a strut tower brace at a minimum, and after that go to work on your rear end.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome