Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 99 v6 Roller Rockers
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2006 Thread Starter
mustang9584
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
not much when you install the SYSTEM.

Installed alone, the full length SF connectors provide more rigidity, but you generally won't be able to run side pipes, fitment on convertibles is difficult, and some can interfere with aftermarket suspension systems. Additionally, they weigh more.

So if you're planning to go farther with chassis work, you'll have to commit to the rest of the system.

FOr example, the beauty of Kenny Brown's system is that you can save weight in the subframe connectors, because when you install the cage, it's just as rigid at less weight than a full length subframes AND a roll cage.

So it's going to have to depend on how far you want to go.
So can I get the standard SF connectors? Because I do have side pipes, will it work? And by the way, I was looking at the Chassis Brace Packages at www.maximummotorsports.com and they didn't list anything specifically for the v6 mustangs. I emailed them and Matt Main said "We do not have anything listed specifically for the V6 equipped cars. The subframe connectors and K-member brace will fit your car. The strut tower brace you will want to use is the MMSTB-6 for the '99 & '01 Cobras. You can order a chassis brace package for the Cobra and that will work on your car."

Is this actually going to work? Especially since I DO have sidepipes?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome