Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowering...What all is needed?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Drmadd04 
#1 ·
I wanna lower my stang about 1-1.5 inches this summer. I've found plenty of sites for the springs. What else will need to be done to the car for it to drive properly once lowered? Thanks

#2 ·
I have been considering this for my 98 as well. Whoever knows, please inform me as well, and if there are any differences with my year...

#3 ·
Unless you want to replace your whole suspension...

I replaced the springs to lower mine and it worked fine. Usually the springs that lower it will have a heavier weight rating, so it will be a stiffer ride, which in my book is welcomed.

Haven't had any problems since.

BTW, replacing the springs was a snap, didn't even have to squeez the stock springs to get em out like other have warned me about.

#4 ·
theJam said:
Unless you want to replace your whole suspension...

I replaced the springs to lower mine and it worked fine. Usually the springs that lower it will have a heavier weight rating, so it will be a stiffer ride, which in my book is welcomed.

Haven't had any problems since.

BTW, replacing the springs was a snap, didn't even have to squeez the stock springs to get em out like other have warned me about.
How much lower is your car? What brand did you use?

#5 ·
#7 ·
Drmadd04 said:
are the Cobra springs transferable to the 3.8? and if they are. Will they lower the car any. not sure what the ride height of the Cobra is compared to the 3.8.
depends on the year. no IRS springs will work on your car. Additionally, your ride height may be higher, since some of the cobras weight 600 lbs more on the nose than your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.