Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Forward Facing Car Seat in the Back?
View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2006 Thread Starter
glyppus
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

m013690,

That make it yourself underseat protector sounds like a really cool idea, especially to match the interior. I know that the straps can do some damage...the second time I was taking one car seat out of the Mustang, one of the anchors swung out and DING! nice scratch on the door frame.

We got a nice vinyl one for our SUV from ?One Step Ahead? My wife was going to reorder another and I would probably need to cut it to fit, but maybe I can convince her to use ye old sewing machine instead....we'll see.

baggs32,

The car seats were flat in the bucket of the seat, although they did press on the edges of the Mustang seat to the point where if you keep it there for months and tie it down as hard as I do (no give), it will leave indents, hence one reason for an underseat protector.

The car seats went back to the SUV and the beater in the interim. I'll post some pics when we get the chance to drive around as a family again.....hopefully this weekend...weather should be sunny and warm.

07 GT Vista Blue, Auto, C&L CAI, 3.73 gears, Alternative Auto 93 Tune, 5% Tint, Stripes, 18x9 front/18x10 rears - SOLD

12 GT Black, 6-speed, brembos, 3.73 gears

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome