View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
Hey everyone,

I am a noob here and I need a little help because this problem is/has been really frustrating for the last year or so. I own a 1995 3.8L automatic V6 Mustang with about 193,000km.

About 1.5-2 years ago I blew my head gaskets as we all know happens on this year mustang. So I put in a rebuilt engine. Ever since then I have had problems with my waterpump breaking/leaking every little while...probably had about 6-7 within the last 2 years. It is not just the part either because I have had everything from just regular suppliers to genuine ford waterpumps. Also, I have been smelling coolant sometimes when I turn off the car, but cannot find a leak.

I guess I just want to know what you all think about this problem and what I should be doing and looking into to fix this?

I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks
can you positively identify where the leak is coming from?

at 193,000 miles, it may be contamination from your radiator that's screwing up your water pump.

I'd consider dropping in a low mile replacement engine (you've probably spent enough to have gotten one already).

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome