Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Make my stock 2002 3.8l go fast...any ideas?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangnewbie
Well I don't plan on getting rid of it, my budget is about mid range, i'm prolly gonna spend at least 10Gs on it. As my name says i'm new to mustangs so i want to know where to start to get the maximum power for my car. my goal is for it to look great, and to perform even better.
You don't want to do that unless you want to start breaking stuff. Start off with your foundation. Then you can make power without it being in the shop all the time fixing broken parts.

So -If you ALREADY KNOW you're going to use a power adder. brace the chassis and the rear end FIRST, then you can make 500 hp if you want, and you won't have to keep fixing stuff.

how much power do you want to end up with, and will it be a track queen or a driver?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome