Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Share those D'oh! Moments!
View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2006
GTNOS
GT Member
S197 Member

1st time to the track in the stang, heck 1st time there in almost 5 years, 1st manual trans i ever had with about 1000 miles logged behind the wheel. run 1 was a 15.0 due to traction, second run:

i dump it on the last yellow, reaction time perfect. car spins crazy off the line, i shift it into second, traction is restored and now i am moving, i get overzealous shifting into 3rd and fling it hard into 1st at about 6,000 rpms and i believe close to 80mph!!! the following smilies best describe my emotional state at the time: rear tires, driveline, everything locks the f--- up right there in the middle of the track, the sound of tires screeching to a halt under the new drag that i just created. luckily, i had the sense to realize i screwed up bad, real bad and pushed the clutch in. momentarily regaining my composer, i manage to drop it in into 3rd this time and punch it popping through the traps at a 15.8 i continue straight through down to the turnout, and head my unhappy embarrassed a$$ home to grab a 12 pack and deal with the situation and the possibility that i might have just totally blew out my 1st gear. (drove home floating lights and signs threw second just in case) thankfully, that 3650 really is bulletproof b/c as far as i can tell, she took a hell of hit and kept right on going. thats also when i started looking for a better shifter.... other than that one bad mishap, car has never had any misfortune....yet...knock on stang.....

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome