Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Ford Racing posi lock.
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous36
Are Detroit lockers better? Does ne1 use the Ford posi lok. How much are they and where can I find one?
Yeah, they don't use clutches, so it will never wear out. The Locker used to be OEM for the SVO. They were impossible to find whan I bought mine, they only reissued it last year.

You have a 7.5" rear end.

Subtract approximately 1 mpg per 1/4 extra turn. 99+ cars have 3.27s so from that - 3.45 -1 mpg, 3.73 -2 mpg., etc.

I've got the Ford Racing Traction-Lok. Cheapest is at either www.buyfordracing.com or www.GEFracing.com -they average $179 or so + shipping.

If you pick up a Ford Racing Catalogue, you might be able to find a wholesale dealer closer to you so you can save on shipping charges.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome