Ford Mustang Forum banner

Continuing mods

3K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  manbo 
#1 ·
Got in my Airaid CAI today and will install tonight. Dynotech driveshaft on the way from Lethal. Then I'll be ready for 3.73. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
Nice ! :bigthumbsup After that, longtubes will go nicely.:winks

#3 ·
Got Borlas and a tuner with Lund tunes already. Noticed on high speed runs that I got significant vibration in the drivetrain when I let off the gas, decided the drive shaft needed to be upgraded prior to the gears.

#4 ·
I honestly didn't expect too much from the CAI, but I was wrong. Performance is definitely improved and the sound is wonderful at WOT!:yup:
Driveshaft goes on tomorrow.

#6 ·
How's the ds feel? Any power difference? Are you an auto or manual? I've been up to 140 with no vibrations when I let off the gas but its an auto

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

G
#7 ·
I have a dynotech shaft and love it. I don't know I noticed more power but definitely noticed how smooth the power delivery is and it also smooths out regular driving. I was underneath the car recently saw how awesome it still looks.

#10 ·
You'll love the long tubes :bigthumbsup

#13 ·
Just picked the car up. Unbelievable! I'm going to dyno it but the difference in low-end performance is major. I'll wring it out when the rain stops, but the investment was definitely worth it!

And the sound!!!!thumbsup3.gif

#15 ·
Folks ask me all the time on YT if the longtubes are worth it.... YES!!! Lol. Gears are still the single 'best' mod thus far, but the headers were a vast improvement, and rather damn easy to install as well!

So now that you are on a roll, whats next?! rock.gif

#16 ·
Yes, noticeable difference low-end, and it really starts to wail up in the rev range. Love the sound. I'll be doing the 3.73's next. After a couple of days driving it with the headers, I still "need" the gears.:grinroll:

#17 ·
Thats what i thought. I need all the 'low end' torque i can get, with all the hills here in Tennessee. The extra 'low end' torque was 'instant' when i installed my long tube headers and pulled hard all the way to redline. People say we 'lose low end torque' with long tube headers. I (and you :) ) sure didn't.

When you get your 3.73 gears installed, its going to bring the power even sooner than now. You'll be surprised how hard your Mustang will pull...........:)

#18 ·
I gotta confess I pulled the Borlas. They added a nice tone to the stock engine, and it got better with the CAI. While the sound improved with the addition of the headers and x-pipe, it was pretty ear-splitting. Still sounds great with stocks on, but quieter.

#19 ·
This is an experiment i did. I have Magnaflow 'street series' axlebacks. They got a little louder with the long tubes and catted x-pipe, so i started wondering how the factory mufflers would sound. I reinstalled the factory mufflers just to see. They sounded good but i lost a lot of low end torque. I put my 'street series' back on. A few months later i bought some Magnaflow 'competition' axle backs, they are 'muffler deletes' (straight pipe). I installed them and i lost low end torque. I reinstalled my 'street series' and my low end torque came back.

I found the fine line between too much back pressure and not enough.
Factory muffler=too much back pressure
Muffler delete=not enough back pressure
Magnaflow 'street series'=Perfect

I'm not a Magnaflow fanboy. This is just how my testing came out with what i had to work with....:)

#20 ·
When my wife got in the car after the mod she said "I guess this is the end of conversation in this car." I tested it pretty good today after your post and I can't feel much difference in low end torque. Might be my tune. :shrug:
Anyway, I'm happy for now. Gonna sell the Borlas, might try Magnaflows.

#22 ·
I don't think you want all those parts. You should mail them to me!

:D

Not gonna lie, just a bit jealous over here hahaha! Nice mods, will make for one hell of a ride!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.