Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2007 GT Shifting question
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2006
GT Express
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedz Pony
If you want the stick, get it. I had only known how to drive stick about a week and a half before buying mine, and I did fine. Never missed a gear or ground one, and no other problems either. Just take your time, slow down on ths shifting while you get the hang of it, and no trouble. same goes for the original poster, too.

Slow down, get the hang of it, it'll come. I found that because the stick springs to centered, if I push it forward out of 2nd and lightly reduce my hand pressure, it'll get right under 3rd to where I can just push forward without having to search for it. And I get into 3rd pretty quickly now.
Exactly if you don't search for third and let the springs center the shifter for you, you will be right under third. It took me a while to realize that though.

Silver '05 Premium Convertible,5 Spd Mnl,IUP, C&L CAI, Bassani Axle Backs, Predator 91 Octane Tune, Hurst Shifter, IVA-310 Alpine touch screen stereo, 10" W7's 1500W HiFonics amp MB Quartz component speakers 600W HiFonics amp.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome