Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2007 GT Shifting question
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2006
myltlpny
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicstang
is buying the stick GT worth the hard shifing or should I just get an automatic? I learned how to drive in cars with sticks but my 01 stang is auto w/ overdrive. If I get another I don't wanna be stuck in a parkin lot learning. I'm looking for an 03-05 but if the shifting is as bad as you say maybe I should cop out? But will I miss much power in a GT w/ auto and overdrive?
Oh, definitely go with the manual shift. It's not like you'll have to re-learn how to shift or anything. In my opinion, the shifter is just sloppy, not impossible to use. Going from 2nd to 3rd was never the problem for me, I just don't like the spongy feeling and would like to firm it up. If I get a new shifter, I'll probably get one with a shorter throw, just because most come that way. I drove a truck with a stick for years. You practically had to get out of the seat to shift into 3rd. There's no difference in power, but as Dea R&E said, it's just a matter of who picks the shift points. It's still a lot of fun to drive.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome