Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2011 V6 MT Issues
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2013 Thread Starter
74novaguy
Rookie

Angry 2011 V6 MT Issues

Well just wanted to vent a little and run this by every one and what they think.

Well my car started shifting hard and before I could take it in. It stopped letting me shift while the car was running. I could put it in gear and start it then take off like normal but I just couldn't shift out of that gear but I can stop and go all I want. So I had it towed to the closet dealer.

They called me today and told me it needs a new clutch. 2300 dollars and they will fix it as its not a warranty issue. Car only has 31k on it still under basic warranty. So i hung up to think about it. Called back and asked for a quote faxed to me and a parts list. They told me that it needs a new clutch disk, Master and Slave cylinder and Pilot bearing...

Ive worked in the auto industry since I was 16. Never once have I had to replace all that with a clutch job. Usually just the disk and pressure plate.

Ive read online that these MT transmissions can have issues and not a clutch problem. And shouldn't the Slave and Master cylinder be covered under warranty? I feel 2300 is a bit steep.

2011 3.7L MT, Magnaflow Competition Axle Back Exhaust

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome