View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2013
Grok
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74novaguy View Post
Well just wanted to vent a little and run this by every one and what they think.

Well my car started shifting hard and before I could take it in. It stopped letting me shift while the car was running. I could put it in gear and start it then take off like normal but I just couldn't shift out of that gear but I can stop and go all I want. So I had it towed to the closet dealer.

They called me today and told me it needs a new clutch. 2300 dollars and they will fix it as its not a warranty issue. Car only has 31k on it still under basic warranty. So i hung up to think about it. Called back and asked for a quote faxed to me and a parts list. They told me that it needs a new clutch disk, Master and Slave cylinder and Pilot bearing...

Ive worked in the auto industry since I was 16. Never once have I had to replace all that with a clutch job. Usually just the disk and pressure plate.

Ive read online that these MT transmissions can have issues and not a clutch problem. And shouldn't the Slave and Master cylinder be covered under warranty? I feel 2300 is a bit steep.
PM Deysha, this isn't a normal sounding failure.

Never argue with an idiot........They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome