So i'm seriously considering picking up a NON catted off road x pipe... I have a couple questions though
1) I don't want a CEL. Do i HAVE to have a tune to get rid of it? Or is there some other way?
2) what the power gains look like? 5hp? 10? 15?
3) With stock exhaust other than the x pipe, will it be obnoxiously loud?
2) I have not dyno'd my car specifically but I have seen gains of 15hp+ for the LTs & O/R X
3) No I have the stock ABs and at idle it sounds pretty much stock. No drone. No obnoxious noise. When I return from deployment, I'll be installing resonators and Roush ABs.
Bottom line. Get the tune. Get the LT Headers. Get the O/R X. You'll love it.