Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - mustang in a new york state of mind
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2006
zregime
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Over the years I'd developed a whole set of (mostly negative) perceptions about NYC and its residents...which were totally blown out of the water when my wife and I went up for a long weekend in March 2002, six months after the attack. In talking with several people, it was clear how cataclysmic 9/11 really was...but also very clear how determined they were to press on, clean up, and rebuild, without fear. We stood at a street corner (5th Ave.?) and watched the Tartan Parade, with Sean Connery leading (!!), in a freezing wind, and I still very clearly remember thinking how wrong I was about The Apple. It will stand, and it does, as the best of this great country...which was proven once again during that power outage about a year later.

Here's to NYC and its people...

"I may never be famous, but my girls Dixi and Luci sure are."

Dixi Candace: Windveil Blue Stick V6 '05, Steeda CAI w/BBK 70mmTB/hi-flo inlet, XCal2, ASP UP, JBA SS Shorties/Evol, FRPP T-Lok diff, 34/28 mm F/R sway bars, MMR rear LCAs, Monte C. strut bar, Precision 3.73s, Snow H2OCH4O, "Q" grille and tons of Dixi Bling chrome

Luci Elinor: Legend Lime Auto GT '06 Premium, JLT2 CAI, XCal2 Brenspeed 93, BBK 62mmx2 TB, Steeda UPs, Pypes Violators polished, SMR strut tower, A.H. & Stage3 louvers

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome