Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - smoke smell removal?
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2006
Stoenr
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMustang
All that said: true but, I'll bet money the bulk of the smoke is in the filters of your car. Ever run your A/C on MAX or recirculating! When you do you you close the outside vents and recirculates the smoke filled air back through the filters over and over.

Here is my rule, never use max or recirculating when smoking. Don't use the ash tray, crack a window when you smoke and throw the butts out. If you live in a dry area put them in a plastic bottle with a screw on cap then discard properly. I just sold a car that I drove for almost 10 yrs.- smoked in it every day. The person who bought it asked me if had been smoked in? I said see for yourself. 20 years in the car business and this is probably the best thing I have learned.

If you use any of the remedies mentioned, be sure to run your a/c on MAX while fumigating. There are companies that visit the dealers who have a fog type product that works pretty good.

+1 Exactly what I was going to say.

Although I really refrain from smoking in the Mustang now. Only on the occasion. And of course no one else period.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome