Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - I don't have to be a lurker any more!
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2006
JetBlack
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinsbball
I'll just wait and get a car when a deal like this comes up, instead of buying the car when I want it.
That's a good way to go but then you don't get to have it when you want it.

I am paying 5.5% for 72 months, on $9800. That's a damn good deal but I have "gold balls credit" and had a 66% down payment. It is incredibly rare for a company to put rebates or good deals on hot vehicles so this is truly a once in a lifetime event.

I got my house the same way. Good timing and amazing luck. I had saved and scrimped [eveything I owned was in a single room of a farmhouse and then we went to war. Interest rates fell through the floor. I got in with the oldest mortgage company in America. ABN-AMRO at www.mortgage.com I had been saving my money for a house.

I got 5.365% on a 30 year fixed without FHA. Timing on *this* particular thing wasn't perfect for you but you *will* have things happen to you in your life that just click.

Wait.

Watch for them.

Still and all, I'd trade my house and my car, in a heartbeat, without ever a look back, in exchange for a family. Had a wife. Never had kids.

You have a car and a great job [bit far away] and many people in the world would shake their heads in wonder at the things that bother us Americans. Nobody is shooting at me or trying to burn my village. Nobody oppressing me or forcing me to serve in the military. No refugee camps in my neighborhood.

JENKINSBBALL, you are one blessed guy who drives one of Americas coolest cars and you got it before everybody else. You have a good job, food, home, clothes. Don't worry that the new guy got a good deal on his car while you and I make somewhat higher payments. It's a struggle but once you pay it off, you'll be the happy guy again. No warranty means no FORD bitching about mods

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome