Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - To trade '05 V6 for '06 GT at 0.00% APR ???
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2006
dtwwest
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDominion
Well, after getting my eyes back in my head, I realized as much as the GT would be superb to own, I'm keeping the V6. I owe $18K on the V6, far more than the current blue book value of $12K-$13.7K. Yes, I could add that to the GT 0.00% loan, but I would be financing about $36K, doubling my debt, and extending payments for 20 more months.

So, on the plus side, I was able to convince my wife that I just saved $18,000 not buying the GT, and that I could spend, oh maybe a $1,000 on the V6 and possibly get dual exhaust, or just go with JBA single EVOL V6 exhaust, add a hood scoop, and maybe stripes.
I did trade my 05 V6 for a 06 GT and guess I did better on trade in than I thought - $15,000. but it did have only 9,800 miles. I also got $1,000 off the sticker because where I work is a Ford Participating Partner and the dealer knocked another $1,200 off.
My payments went down $85 a month because of the 0% and longer term. Also, because of the additional safety features - antilock brakes, side airbags and active antitheft my insurance is the same. I tried to come up with a reason not to trade and the only one was the longer term. But I didn't consider it much a reason because of the 0%.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome