Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New Shelby GT Announced
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2006
BlueStreak03
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTNOS
i still say that the GT with its 300 hp and 320 ft-lbs is the best bang for buck. im sure the shelby GT will be at least 4 or 5K over the base GT, and for what? 25HP and 10 lbs of torque? you guys can get that for $600 with a CAI and tuner combo... and i wouldnt waste my time (or $$) with any FRPP parts, save the hurst shifter and the 4.10 gears. all the other items (scoops, stripes, grille, etc.) are already made by many aftermarket companies. the only thing you cant get is the autographed a/c ducts. its cool though, the more models the merrier!!!

I'll disagree about the FRPP parts being a waste of money. I had a FRPP throttle body and got it for a steal, no problems. FRPP also makes some really good gears and the C-springs for SN95's are a perfect choice for a daily driven car.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome