Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New Shelby GT Announced
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2006
rmays06
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Express
$47K for a Mustang that someone can probably beat with a regular GT with a tune and CAI. That is just bulls**t. Ford is just trying to squeeze as much money out of the consumers by offering limited edition Mustangs. Hey if you want to get a rare Mustang how about buying a regular GT and modding it to your own liking. Then it's not #x of 10,000 but 1 of 1. And for $47K you could buy a regular GT and mod the hell out of it, even make it look alot better than this last installment of the Mustang. I'm not knocking on Shelby but I was not that impressed with this "new" Mustang I mean it looks nice but not $47K nice. The only thing I really liked was the rear spoiler delete. I would much rather get a CS6, now that is an authentic Shelby product not a Mustang with a couple Ford aftermarket parts slapped on it and a cool Shelby plate in between the AC ducts. Anyway just my .02 cents.
The GT 500 only costs $42K so come down a little with the price actually alot right around the Cali special edition $32- $34 range. I know where your going thou and you sound a little wound up but hey it is a SHELBY were talking about.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome