Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Steeda Ultra Lites Springs on 2011-2014 V6
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2013
Driven SVT
Apprentice

Hey, The steedas are good high quality springs, but I found them to be a bit aggressive (firm) for just regular daily driving. Paired with the stock shocks I found the ride just a smidge too firm.

The drop on the Steeda UL was pretty decent, got rid of the worst of the wheel gap and gave it a balanced handling character, but I trimmed a few cm off the front bottom of the coil to get the rake back after driving on them for more than a year. This restored the rake, made it a bit less oversteer prone (i have swaybars and have dialed in LOTS of oversteer) and lost more wheelgap up front, but I still felt they were a bit too hard for daily duty.

When I put in adjustable shocks I was able to balance the ride quality a bit better, but still wound up changing to the SR performance springs from AM - progressive springs pretty much always give better ride imho. If you're keeping the stock shocks, i'd reccomend the SR performance ones, get them when they're on sale at AM and they're really quite bargain priced, and everyone who rides in my car prefers the ride with these.

No longer own:
'12 V6 Perf, from Sept '11.
Mods: TWM 520g Piston shift knob & Barton shift bracket, AM short shifter. SR 1.5"drop & AM street phb. Tokico D-spec, Whiteline bars F&R, J&M Lca, 25mm wheel spacers, 18x10x4 Bullit style on Sumimoto rubber. Magnaflow Street's. 25' of b-quiet ultimate, 10" JL [email protected] 350w, JL TR's upfront. Bama Tune, B&M 73mm & Shorty headers.
Someday..... Twin Turbo, or SC goal is 450 whp. Has to wait until warranty is up

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome