Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Steeda Ultra Lites Springs on 2011-2014 V6
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2013
MustangDawg
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowellDoug View Post
I too run the SR springs and am very happy with them. I am running them with stock shocks/struts, as I installed them with fewer than 8K miles on my car. The ride is excellent, maybe a touch firmer than stock, but it's certainly not harsh. Body motion is much better controlled than with the stock springs - much less nose dive upon hard braking, much less front end lift upon hard acceleration. Drop was pretty consistent with what they advertise - roughly 1.5" f/r.
HowellDoug:
I'm interested in the SR springs, but read this on AM concering fitment for my '13 V6:

"Application. This set of four SR Performance Lowering Springs are designed for use on the 2005 to 2010 GT & V6 Mustangs Coupes. They will also fit 2011 and newer GT & V6 Coupes when used in combination with Ford Racing M-18183-C upper strut mounts and M-18000-A dampers (sold separately). Does not fit convertible models."

Did you need to purchase and install the strut mounts and damper on your new car? I've asked several times on different threads, but can't seem to get an answer to this.
Thanks in advance.

2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB | Airaid CAI | SR Performance STB | JLT Oil Separator
MPT Tuned | SCT X4 | MMD Classic Louvers | Roush Upper & Lower Grilles
BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires | Windows Tinted @35
Flux Capacitor v3.2.1 | Mr. Fusion Generator v4.2 | DB Hover Conversion

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome