Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Suspension Modifications? How does this sound?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2006
traffic142
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang68/05
I intend on lowering my car and would like to know what would give me the most improvement for my dollar. Every forum I have read indicates that a tower brace is a wast but looks great. This is the kind of information I need in making my decisions. Are sub frame connectors needed? Do they actually make any improvements? Lets get input.

http://bmrfabrication.com/2005Mustang.htm
I like BMR stuff, best bang for the buck. I went with steeda ultra light springs when I got them on sale. I went with BMR stuff after that (Panhard adjustable, LCA) I planned on showing my car so I opted for the red BMR strut brace.....and I also got the g trac bar to balance it out. I kind of wanted to upgrade both performance and lateral performance.

As for sub frame connectors, I have heard again and again, they are not needed for our cars. The older foxes (Pre 94) had bad frame flexing problems. They got better in the SN 95's. I have read that the S197 frame in the coupe is way stiffer than the SN 95 convertibles (which was the first mustang built at the factory to be a vert, not a coupe with the roof hacked off.). I think it is a waist on the S197's Unless you are going to make a drag car with a stroker 347, in that case make a good roll cage and kill 2 birds with one stone.

You will need the BMR lowering brackets with the new BMR LCA's. That increases the angle back to stock or better (lowering the car reduces the angle on the LCA relative to the frame and rear axel.

2006 GT Premium, Black with parchment leather IUP, Shaker 500, Side, 5 speed Hurst shifter.
Mod's are:
JLT CAI with SCT X-cal 2 Tuner w/ Bama Chips 93 octane tune;Gold 10" Shelby stripes. CDC Ducktail & Classic Chin Spoiler. SS Grill with center light option, 1967 GT 350 badging. SLP Long Tube Headers w/ catted X pipe, Flowmasters American Thunder; FRPP 4.10 gears, Steeda ultra springs & UD Pulleys. BMR Fabrications Panhard Bar, LCA's w/ brackets, A arm support, Strut Tower brace.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome