Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 07 GT500 News from my Club meeting
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2006
Wirelessscottie
S197 Member

My GT500 has been born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speco2005
Your post sounds like many others, you say you found a dealer, yet you dont list whom, you paid over MSRP, yet you dont say how much or even what MSRP is. If I was a dealer in the midwest and some chap from Arizona called me and offered money on something I dont have I would be happy to take your money and hold it for you. If we keep playing these games with dishonest dealers they will continue to take advantage of the buyer. I ask you to buck up and list the dealer name and how much you paid.
I waited to reply to the above for obvious reasons. I wanted the VIN. Well, today the VIN arrived via email. My 2007 FORD Mustang Shelby GT500 (no, they are NOT called a Cobra), Torch Red with all available options has been born. VIN: 1ZVHT88S175248640. Dealer says to plan on its arrival second week of October. I ordered the GT500 with the stripe delete. Local custom paint shop is eagerly waiting to paint ghost flames on the car. We spent about 6 weeks off and on designing the paint scheme.

I bought the GT500 from Kankakee Ford in Knox IN for $ 10 over list and glad to do it. I tried to buy one from Earnhardt Ford in Tempe, where I have been buying my fleet trucks for years (no more). They wouldn't even return my calls. List is about $42 and some change so I'll pay somewhere north of $52 plus the Chandler sales tax the dealer has to collect and remit to AZ (You can't beat sales taxes anymore buying NEW from out of state). Paying cash so there are no finance fees and no trade in - I really like my Nitrous fed Saleen Supercharged '05 GT and plan to keep it. A couple of photos of the SC below along with one of my SIX Scotties. My son in law and I are going to bring it back from Indiana in an enclosed car hauler.

I am GLAD to pay this price. I am GLAD to give it to a dealer in a small midwest town. Flame all you want about car dealers, at the end of the day it is a capitalist society we live in. Market forces control pricing. Ford hit the sweet spot with the GT500. Maybe it's not the fastest car available, nor the sportiest, but, it will have huge market appeal 10 years from now. My 3 year old grandson will eventually own this car.

There 'ya go. I'll post pics when I have the car at home in Arizona. If you are in Arizona after October 15th, send me a PM and I'll take you for a drive! Bring a helmet ;-)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0018.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	19288   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0017.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	19289   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0024.JPG
Views:	60