Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Anyone noticed a lifter ticking?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2006 Thread Starter
gtretroredfire
PONY Member
S197 Member

Anyone noticed a lifter ticking?

Just wondering.ive heard it sionce the beginning of time but now it "seems" to be a little bit more noticible-louder-annoying.Stopped by the dealership where i purchased it at and asked,they fired u another one for me to hear and i did notice a slight ticking sound but not as loud as mine.Sounds like a noisy lifter just hoping its not somehting that needs attention or if some just have that.Ive heard many that do not make that sound but dont know if they do but im not in their car all the time either.Just wondering if anyone else has had the noisy problem and what theyve done about it.Thanks,Brent

2005 Mustang GT-SHR 1/4 louvers -GT500 pedals-AGENT47 Mirrors-shorty Antenna-Redfire Plenum-"BOSS 429" Scoop-Painted Silver Racing Stripes (Ford Ultra Silver Met)-CDC Classic chin-Redfire valve covers-Sequential taillights-REDLINE Elite hood struts -MAG shock tower covers-HURST short throw shifter-SCT XCAL2 -Tune by Brenspeed-BORLA exhaust -C&L Street CAI-AR Dale Jr KILLER chrome 18x8 Wheels-TOYO Proxes4 255/45ZR18-Steeda UDP-Adj Panhard bar-Eibach springs & struts- JM castors-Billet knobs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome