Most valuable parts on a notch - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dana W
  • 1 Post By squekster

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Most valuable parts on a notch

Besides rear quarter windows, what are some valuable Parts found on a notchback? I have a 4-cylinder knots parts car I'm debating on stripping down when I'm done with my project

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

An ashtray with a door that still works.

my89foxbody likes this.

130 total pounds of Pitbull ruled by 8 pounds of cat.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018
SHELBY GT 350 Member

If it has wheels maybe keep two incase you want to use them for slicks. I’m kicking myself for not keeping my oem’s.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lxwhite View Post
If it has wheels maybe keep two incase you want to use them for slicks. I’m kicking myself for not keeping my oem’s.
good idea.. they're steelies but it'll work
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0-for-greg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lxwhite View Post
good idea.. they're steelies but it'll work
Yeah man, drag wheels are kinda expensive. I was wanting to get a set of slicks and wheels for this season but crap kept breaking and there’s still the a/c that needs to be replaced, so it’s not gonna happen. If I had my oem wheels maybe just maybe I could’ve sprung for two slicks.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018
Apprentice

Rear window is not made in aftermarket, and a clean trunk lid is worth about $150
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0-for-greg View Post
Besides rear quarter windows, what are some valuable Parts found on a notchback? I have a 4-cylinder knots parts car I'm debating on stripping down when I'm done with my project

Most all the parts are worth something. What I would do is use all you need
to complete your project then put an ad in the paper or Craigslist
stating "Parting out Mustang notchback.Most of the people that come to look at the car
are willing to remove the part or parts themselves saving you the labor of doing it yourself
Worked for a friend of mine.
my89foxbody likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018
PONY Member
2.3L Member

Cool

A little off topic but, I picked up a running '88 TurboCoupe with a cracked head for $300..................

Parted it out to the tune of $3000...........................

On the TC, I even sold chunks of California quarter panels to guys in the rust belt to use as patch panels on their rusted out quarters! '87-'93 Mustangs used to be a dime a dozen in the U-Pull it yards 7-8 years ago. Now, they're non-existent! Supply and demand. There's someone, somewhere looking for every piece you have on your notch. Your job is to become a marketing consultant. Consult yourself on marketing your notch parts. CL, Ebay, the classifieds in online car forums, etc. Pad your bankroll.............$20 at a time!

'93 5.0 LX ragtop - Donor car for '54 Ford Customline
'89 LX ragtop with turbo'd TC motor - Thunderstang!
'86 Turbo Coupe (daily driver)

Last edited by evintho; 07-09-2018 at 08:23 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evintho View Post
A little off topic but, I picked up a running '88 TurboCoupe with a cracked head for $300..................

On the TC, I even sold chunks of California quarter panels to guys in the rust belt to use as patch panels on their rusted out quarters! '87-'93 Mustangs used to be a dime a dozen in the U-Pull it yards 7-8 years ago. Now, they're non-existent! Supply and demand. There's someone, somewhere looking for every piece you have on your notch. Your job is to become a marketing consultant. Consult yourself on marketing your notch parts. CL, Ebay, the classifieds in online car forums, etc. Pad your bankroll.............$20 at a time!
Ha, dang! Good job.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by evintho View Post

I'm a little late bUT DANG!! that was a score.. I did pretty good, got all parts I needed for my project and many extras I might need down the road and still sold the rest of car for a good bit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page