New to the club - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 90lxwhite

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Talking New to the club

Hi guys,

I've been on the forum for less than a month and I already got plenty of great information from fellow members.
I thought I would share my ride with you.

I bought this car about a month ago.

1995 GT convertible manual with close to 100,000 km on it. 60,000 miles for my American friends.
Never winter driven, so no rust anywhere.

It got a couple of mods.

BBK CAI
BBK Shorty
BBK X-pipe
Magnaflow catback
3.73 gear
unknown aftermarket cam
Short throw Shifter
Pulley kit
1.5" wheel spacers at the back
Aftermarket wheels that looks like chromed Bullit

That's pretty much it for now.
I would like to get it on a dyno sometime to see what kind of WHP it has.

The next step would be to find an explorer head and a BBK or SR 70mm throttle body to help it breath better.

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	610709  

Last edited by steevensi; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
BOSS Member

Congrats on the car! Perhaps before spending $ on a 70mm throttle body, that will likely be a wste….calc out the cfm of the engine and then look at the existing cfm of your current TB.....it will likely handle all the flow you need!

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
MACH I Member

Garage
Yea, we love spending other people's money on this forum, but you'll mostly find good advice on what not to do or buy...

IF MY CAR WENT AS FAST AS THE MONEY I SPEND ON IT, I'D WIN EVERY RACE

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Nice ride and list of mods.

----------------------------
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR + NEW MEMBERS MANAGER
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Nice looking ride!

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post
Congrats on the car! Perhaps before spending $ on a 70mm throttle body, that will likely be a wste….calc out the cfm of the engine and then look at the existing cfm of your current TB.....it will likely handle all the flow you need!
What this guy said is pretty spot on. A larger throttle body with your current setup won't really yield any gains because the stock one isn't currently causing much of a restriction of air flow. The cylinder heads is the major choke point. Even if you went with explorer heads your stock TB would suffice. Bolt-on mods are the "supporting cast" that have to large enough to be able to keep up with the cylinder heads. Adding larger supporting cast members won't yield much gain until they become a choke point. Think of it has an hour glass. The top portion is the cai, tb, maf, etc, the bottom is the exhaust and the middle is the cylinder heads. If you make the top and bottom larger but not the middle skinny section of the glass the sand will still empty in the same amount of time as it did with the original top and bottom.
Right now I'd guess you're making somewhere between 200-230 to the wheels. Explorer heads are better than the stock e7 heads but there's not too much bang for the buck with them these days. It'll be more of a "pop" than a bang. Figure in the cost of a new set of valve springs at least and it'd probably be a good idea to have a machine shop inspect and clean them up. There's an old thread on here where a guy had his muatang dynoed that was using the ford racing crate motor and it made all of 240 horsepower. My '95 made 223 with stock heads, aftermarket cam, and ported lower intake manifold, cai, stock h pipe with the front cats removed and the rears replaced w high flows. 8 psi later it made 332.
Here's a few pages of 302 based motors with their mods listed along with dynographs and or 1/4 mile time.
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/guess-my-h-p-the-dyno-1-4-mile-time-thread.677534/page-3

Sharp car man.
Beechkid likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Welcome to AFM, super nice ride you got there!!

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page