Ford Mustang Forum banner

Road Trip

653 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  145566 
#1 · (Edited)
I took the ole girl on a 220 mile trip and she did well. It got 19 mpg and the average speed was somewhere between 75 and 80 mph. Not too bad I don’t think.
*edit*
That’s 220 miles one way stopping once. The 3.31 rear was pleasant. The two chamber mufflers, mostly tolerable.

#2 ·
I take my ol' girl for a ride occasionally too and get about the same miles before having to stop. I usually get some coffee while she pit stops and then it's back on the road again.

What car did you take on the trip? I can't keep up with what folks own.

If you don't mind, where are you geographically in Texas?

#3 ·
I have a ‘95 GT. It has a 306 with stock heads and a cam swap and the lower intake has been ported, and it has a Vortech Supercharger. Nothing too fancy.
I split my time between College Station and Denton. The car stays in Denton for the most part, but I drove it down to College Station for inspection. They don’t do the emissions sniffer there and in years past it’s had trouble passing in Denton. Don’t tell the fuzz.

#5 ·
It starts to get long at the end, but it’s not too hard (That’s what she said). I35 and Hwy 6. It’s usually smooth sailing once you’re outta DFW.
It wasn’t a down and back in the same day thank goodness. Mine doesn’t have a terrible ride but it’s not the softest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.