Ford Mustang Forum banner

The 302 Section grows smaller and smaller by the day

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  jerry9665 
#1 ·
Y’all notice that? Once upon a time there would be a new post every handful of hours. Now we’re every few days if that.
Time is a thief.

#4 ·
LOL. That's true. And there is no section dedicated to the 302 Boss, or rag top. Without a concentrated sub forum, stuff is posted in various nooks and crannies.

Reactions: imps
#8 ·
Ive also noticed it. Last 2 years seems like the amount of posts has dropped in half.

#10 ·
Progress is not always a good thing.Fortunately what some/most/or all of us were trying to do to our Foxbodys and early SN95's was to add as many go fast parts as we could afford to bump our power levels up to 300,400,500 hp,so we had plenty of questions,answers and advice to give in this forum.By now,almost every question,combo suggestion,hp and tq estimate,etc you could think of has probably been covered at least once,if not a dozen times. Unfortunately,as the Mustangs started to progress as the years moved ahead,the same hp levels we were reaching or trying to reach with our 87-95 models were easily being exceeded by these new(er) models and it was oftentimes in stock trim to boot.Once Mustang fans saw they could buy a car off the lot that was already pushing 400+hp in oem/stock trim,why bother with the Foxbody and SN95,right?? And it wasnt about just the hp/tq alone. The new(er) models have everything else going for them too like suspension,drivetrain,interior,ride,traction,etc,so theres just no way to compete with the new cars in almost every aspect.However for the diehard fans of us,the Foxbody/SN95 will always be number 1 in our minds,because other than a few of the classic Mustangs,
the Foxbody really did set a new bar after the 10-15 year lag that occurred between the classic era cars & the Foxbody.

Reactions: FordWannaBe
#11 ·
Wow it has dwindled. I’m back on here after a few years just looking around and I’m pretty surprised but all good points above as to the reasons.

I’m giving my 93 Foxbody some long overdue care and attention. Installing a new in box T5-Z that I’ve had in my garage a good four or five years (I know it’s a sin, but at least I got it when it was a few hundred dollars less expensive then) new clutch etc and several other things that I’ve been meaning to do for several years. But good to see some die-hard fans keeping the flame alive.

I’ve found another thing that has really dwindled - I’m into 1/5 scale radio controlled cars (30cc Zenoah engines with Walbro carbs) and a popular forum for them is totally dead. And one major brand dropped their 1/5 gas line. Apparently the few guys that haven’t lost interest are on facebook and other types of “social media”. Just a few years ago that forum was absolutely on fire.

I also have some smaller 1/10 scale nitro glow plug engine radio controlled cars and hell nearly all the manufacturers of nitro engines don’t even make them anymore. I couldn’t believe it. Actually I guess I do, all the kids into them have electric powered ones with brushless motors and LiPo batteries. They do outperform the nitro stuff but what’s the skill and learning with the easy to manage plug and play? I think little toy trucks should make real little engine noise !

But at least I’m back wrenching on the Mustang. Now that I got the old (bought used because I did AOD to T5 swap) trans out going to see if I can change the oil pan gasket. Looks like I can but not too much room to work with lowering that oil pan...

#12 ·
Hmm, I just bought a 1988 GT convertible and have a lot to learn, so I’ll be in here a lot from now on. Only thing is It’s my first real mustang, so I’ll be in here mostly reading and learning. I have zero knowledge to offer others unfortunately and regret that I can’t contribute at this moment to the vast amount of excellent advice I’ve already seen here :(

#14 ·
For me life has been a roller coaster the last few years. I had to put a lot of my projects on hold while I dealt with some family and job related issues. I used to be a lot more active on the forum and I’m hoping to be again.
I finally replaced the faulty starter on my 92 that had it sidelined for a couple months. That was a small victory for me.
My son’s about driving age and is starting to take an interest. He’s a huge fan of the S550s but knows one of those won’t be in the cards anytime soon. I’m hoping the world gets back to normal so my son and I can do some cars & coffee events.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.