Ford Mustang Forum banner

It finally Runs!

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  wbrockstar 
#1 ·
I started the project of putting new heads and cam back in November and im finally done wrenching. Started the car up today for the first time and it sounds BADASS. Special thanks to decipha over on efidynotuning.com. He sent me a tune using his GUFX strategy and it started up right away with no issues. Pretty excited to beat on this thing once the tune gets squared away.

Bit of an exhaust leak on one of the headers to the head, and the old crossover tube for the smog pipe is basically an open header right now; Other than that car is decently squared away.

Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AupthLR0F_h0gdhxUyLx4PLIlPbk8Q

Reactions: Grimbrand
#2 ·
Sweet looking car. Love the wheels. What heads and cam are you running, it sounds just like mine.

Sorry, I didn't notice you answered my question in your signature.

Reactions: Krem12
#4 ·
Wish I still had my FOX too sounds great man!!! Great looking ride

#5 ·
Thanks guys! Was pretty nervous about it running. Never had the heads off a car before

#6 ·
Great to hear man.If you're still running the thermactor system components & converters,
dont wait too long to get the crossover pipe connected back to the diverter valve.The oem converters farthest away from the headers absolutely have to get the airflow from the smog pump,otherwise they'll clog and fail in short order.If you aren't running & dont need the smog pump because your converters are gone,but the system components are still in place & running,
it wouldn't hurt to disconnect and plug the vacuum hose to the bypass valve,that way smog pump air will be dumped to the atmosphere, through the valve's silencer ports,at all times instead of being sent to the converters when the engine's warm.It may cause the o2's to pickup a lean condition when this air enters the hpipe without converters,but since the entry point of the air is a ways past the o2's,it may not.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.